In Havard Chapel six officers are remembered on wall plaques. Two are of Brecon town interest: Franklin Macaulay Gillespie and Willie Ross.
Two battalions of the South Wales Borderers are commemorated on plaques within the chapel. The first below several sets of Colours shows the Regimental Crest in gold and set into marble. Dating from 1759, the Royal South Wales Borderers Militia became 3rd Battalion, South Wales Borderers in 1881 and throughout the First World War
supplied trained men to other battalions of the Regiment.
The second battalion plaque commemorates a short period in the war service of the South Wales Borderer’s only Territorial Force Battalion, The Brecknockshire Battalion. On a brass tablet, and below the Regimental Dragon badge, there is the inscription:
‘TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN MEMORY OF THE FOLLOWING NCOs, & MEN OF THE BRECKNOCKSHIRE BATTALION SOUTH WALES BORDERERS WHO DIED WHILE ON ACTIVE SERVICE AT ADEN 1914-15 - THIS TABLET IS ERECTED BY THEIR COMRADES OF THE REGIMENT.’